Hi my name is Ofee and I’m a procrastinator…
So [not-so-] recently I was tagged by Barbara from mynaturalbeing In her Curly confessions post where she spilt the beans about 10 naughty things she is doing, has done and is thinking of doing that goes against the naturally kinky coily curly girl rules and she tagged me. I’m about to do the same *cues Chris Brown* so please don’t judge me and I won’t judge you coz things could get ugly… I digress.
Okay, so I’m out here hanging my dirty laundry about what the royal fro has gone through, goes through or might go through because of me (/.\) I won’t do no. 8 but I won’t lie, I’ve been very tempted.
1. After my 2nd big chop I got bored of my natural hair colour 4months later and dyed my hair Auburn and I never moisturised it for weeks, and when I did I used D&L pink oil moisturiser eeek I know!
2. On top of that every morning I used to shampoo my hair with a sulphate containing shampoo without conditioning my hair. It goes without saying that my hair turned a weird shade of ginger and it broke off majorly.
3. I only started using conditioner a year after my 2nd BC, I used to think it was a “white people thing” or a marketing ploy :”’D I know, I know.
4. I used to do a protein treatment once a month but I never deep conditioned until a year after my 2nd BC. Can someone say Crispy Crunchy Afro?
5. I never thought anything of putting cotton head scarves all day and all night to sleep in but I would NEVER go to bed on my cotton sheets without a headscarf on NEVER… Oh the irony :”’D
Now for the rachet stuff I get up to now…
6. Sometimes I pre-poo with coconut oil and sorta kinda get lazy when it’s wash time and leave it on for longer then convince myself that it counts as a hot oil treatment and a DC all in one… Yeah #washdayblues
7. Sometimes I decide my TWA be looking too cute not to take out for a ride… on a cold-windy-frigid-Cape-Town-winters day.
8. I’m very strongly considering having only 1 wash day a month like the (not-so-)good ol’ days…
9. At night if my satin scarf falls off and I feel it even if it’s within reach I just roll over and continue sleeping :”’D eish guys, I love my sleep!
10. And lastly whenever I find gems of products or regimes that work AMAZINGLY for my thirsty 4c hair, I rave about it to my friends, I intend to blog about it and procrastinate until it’s no longer relevant and I never repeat it again. Case in point – the Kimmaytube Leave-in conditioner is everything for my hair! But I only used it once and I’ve been struggling with retaining moisture whilst jumping on other product bandwagons. No, just No… *cues P.Diddy* I’m coming home, I’m coming home tell the world I’m coming home [to Kimmytube and Oil rinsing]
Hope you enjoyed this post guys
Now I tag 5 natural hair bloggers:
My homie Amanda Cooke a fellower Cape Town natural
Ibi from Hey Natural Beauties a lovely UK blogger
Nekisha aka Black Zulu who introduced me to oil rinsing
Dionne from Aim 4 Natural a USA natural and smart business woman
The very happy Shauna from writeshianwrite love her blog even though she loves birkenstocks, lol
To share 10 rachet things they’ve let their fro’s go through, fess up ladies (^^,)